Christmas massacre, an upcoming low-poly horror game, was initially scheduled to release on Switch, Xbox, and PlayStation later this month. However, a few weeks before launch, the developer behind the terrifying game revealed that Xbox and Nintendo would not allow the game to be released on their respective platforms, claiming that this was because it was “too crazy” for the console makers.
Indie developer Doll combo The company has become well known for its PS1-style horror games that often feature eerie visuals, lo-fi aesthetics, creepy characters, and Controversial dashboard icons. The studio was founded in 2012 and has since released more than a dozen horror minigames, most of them on PC. Some of their games eventually end up on consoles. And its own holiday-themed horror game for 2021, Christmas massacrewill be the latest title from the indie studio to make its way to console – but only PlayStation as it seems Xbox and Nintendo aren’t fans of the creepy Puppet Combo.
On November 3Puppet Combo has announced that its console port is Christmas massacre It will launch on PlayStation on November 17. Fans quickly began asking about Switch and Xbox ports of the game. (Previous Puppet Combo games, e.g Murder houseHe was released on those platforms.) The developer quickly responded to fans, clarifying that those releases would not be happening.
According to Puppet Combo, the studio discovered in late October that Nintendo had apparently refused to make the game available on the console or its digital store. When one fan responded angrily to the news, a spokesperson said: The dummy combo answered: “I just found out last week. I spent a lot of money on a Switch port that we can’t afford [release.]The studio also claims that Nintendo will not allow them to “censor” The Christmas Massacre to allow it to be released on Switch.
One user asked if the studio had given up on bringing its scary games to Microsoft’s home console, after also rejecting a previous port. The combo doll said no“We’re still trying to get every game on Xbox and they’re saying no,” he added.
Dummies combo Christmas massacre It sparked controversy over some of its contents. The game, which stars a serial killer dressed as Santa killing people, includes a scene set in a college classroom, though some believe it was evocative of a school massacre involving child victims. Combo doll denies this and Tell IGN All victims are adults.
my city I contacted Nintendo and Xbox about the game and why they refused to approve it.
Puppet Combo games are still allowed on PlayStation
While the violent content and disturbing nature of the game may have led to the Xbox or Switch port being cancelled, the game is still coming to PlayStation. Sony seems to be more than happy with the support Christmas massacre There doesn’t seem to be a problem with the Puppet Combo at all, even in the developer’s previous horror game stream Stay out of the house On the Access the PlayStation YouTube channel.
Dummies Combo director Ben Cocozza Talking to IGN About Christmas massacre He explained that the plan was to port the game to all three consoles, running on all versions at the same time. The studio wasn’t picking favorites or trying to upset anyone.
“In the case of Xbox, the game was not accepted into the ID program,” Cocozza explained. The director also confirmed that Nintendo “decided not to release the game.” Some fans are upset that previous horror games Puppet Combo were allowed to be released on Xbox and Switch, which Cocozza acknowledged, saying IGN “Xbox and Switch have previous Puppet Combo games making this a disappointment for many fans.”
It’s strange to see Nintendo blatantly stating, Copycat games that can barely be played Likes Awful Burnt (Not from EA) on its store platform, yet denying access to a game that already exists on PC, is hugely popular, and comes from a developer with a proven track record.