Nihita Biswas’s Biography
Nihita Biswas, a prominent advocate from Nepal, gained significant attention for her marriage to Charles Sobhraj, a notorious French criminal known by aliases such as the Bikini Killer and the Serpent. Charles Sobhraj is currently serving a life sentence in Kathmandu’s Central Jail, Nepal. Nihita’s connection to Charles thrust her into the spotlight, resulting in an invitation from the producers of the popular Indian reality television game show, Bigg Boss, in 2011.
In 2011, Nihita Biswas participated as a contestant in the fifth season of Bigg Boss. However, her journey on the show was short-lived, as she became the first contestant to be eliminated. Despite her early departure from the program, Nihita’s presence on Bigg Boss garnered attention due to her association with Charles Sobhraj. It is important to acknowledge that Charles Sobhraj is widely known for his criminal activities and the offenses he committed in the past. Nihita Biswas’s marriage to him has been a subject of interest and has received significant media coverage.
Nihita Biswas, born in 1987 in Kathmandu, Nepal, is a Nepalese individual. Now in 2023, she is 36 years old. She completed her schooling at St. Mary’s High School in Kathmandu. Later, Nihita pursued a law degree from Tribhuvan University located in Kirtipur, Nepal.
Nihita Biswas Profile Summary
|Full Name||Nihita Biswas|
|Marital Status||Yes (9 October 2008)|
|Date Of Birth||In 1988|
|Age (current 2023)||35 Years|
|Nihita Biswas’s Birthplace||Kathmandu , Nepal|
|Zodiac Sign||Not Known|
|Nihita Biswas’s Hometown||Kathmandu, Nepal|
|Nihita Biswas’s Hair Color||Black|
|Nihita Biswas’s Weight||Updating Soon|
|Skin Tone||Very Fair|
|Nihita Biswas’s Face Shape||Oval|
|Birth Star||Now Known|
|Nihita Biswas’s Religion||Hinduism|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Doing Exercises, Running, Mountain Biking, Hiking & Yoga|
|Food Habit||Non- Vegetarian|
|Sports||Yoga / Meditation|
|Nihita Biswas Qualification||Law Graduate|
|Nihita Biswas’s School||St. Mary’s High School, Kathmandu|
|Nihita Biswas’s College||Tribhuvan University|
|Other Education Notes||Updating Soon|
|Interested In||updating Soon|
|Spouse & Wife||Charles Sobhraj (Husband)|
|Nihita Biswas’s Affairs & Boyfriends||Charles Sobhraj|
|Nihita Biswas’s Net Worth||$1 to $5 million|
About Her Family
Nihita experienced her parents’ separation during her early childhood, and following that, she was primarily raised by her mother. Her father hailed from Kolkata and had Bengali origins, working as a businessman. Nihita’s mother- “Shakuntala Thapa”, is a lawyer and renowned human rights activist. Notably, Shakuntala Thapa gained recognition for representing Charles Sobhraj in the Supreme Court of Nepal, showcasing her legal expertise and dedication to defending human rights. Biswas entered into marriage with Charles Sobhraj on October 9, 2008, within the premises of Kathmandu Prison.
Nihita Biswas, accompanied by her mother, faced charges of contempt of court by the Supreme Court of Nepal in 2010. Their legal predicament arose after they made allegations of corruption against the judiciary, claiming that the apex court judges had accepted bribes to deliver a biased judgment against Charles Sobhraj. As a consequence of their audacious remarks about the Supreme Court judges, Nihita and her mother were arrested and spent 24 hours in prison. This action was taken in response to their actions in making such statements.
- Nihita became captivated by the allure of Charles Sobhraj during her initial visit as a translator for his visiting French lawyer. As time went on, she gradually fell in love with the notorious figure known as the Bikini Killer, a moniker derived from the attire worn by some of Sobhraj’s victims.
- Charles Sobhraj’s life has been the inspiration for a multitude of books, movies, and web series. One such production is the Bollywood film “Main Aur Charles,” released in 2016, featuring actor Randeep Hooda in the lead role portraying Charles Sobhraj. Additionally, a collaborative web series titled “The Serpent,” produced by Netflix and BBC, premiered in April 2021, further delving into the intriguing story surrounding Charles Sobhraj.
- It is noteworthy that Nihita holds the distinction of being the first Nepali citizen to participate in the reality television show Bigg Boss. However, she faced an early exit from the show as she became the first contestant to be voted out.
- Nihita encountered an uncomfortable situation on the very first day of her journey in Bigg Boss when a fellow contestant posed a question regarding her alleged sexual relations with Sobhraj. Initially, Nihita evaded the question, but due to persistent inquiries, she eventually denied engaging in any sexual intercourse with Sobhraj. The inquiry left Nihita’s family and relatives in Nepal bewildered and annoyed. Nihita’s mother even addressed the issue during an interaction with a member of the media.
- Nihita firmly holds the belief that her husband was unjustly convicted in the murder case involving an American national in Nepal back in 1975. This particular case led to Charles’s arrest in Nepal in 2004, and he was ultimately sentenced to life imprisonment. Nihita contends that there was a lack of credible evidence to substantiate his guilt in the matter.